- Christmas cards. It is 8 days before Christmas and you haven’t even bought Christmas cards, much less signed, addressed, stamped and mailed them.
- Office party. In past years the Christmas party has always been on a Saturday night. You wonder if you are supposed to wear your work clothes to the party since it is right after work on a Friday night this year. You remember Friday is Casual Day at work and everyone wears jeans. You decide to get poop-wrapped-in-straw for the gift exchange game. That’ll teach em.
- Office party gift. Your office Christmas party is Friday night and you have yet to shop for an under-$30 gift for the steal-a-gift-from-your-coworker game you play every year. Cat poop, check. Now to shop for some straw.
- Hosting Christmas. You are hosting Christmas at your house this year (maybe) yet you decided to rip apart your kitchen after Thanksgiving and it is not yet put back together.
- The Dentist. You had some extra cash to spend on Christmas but then the dentist filled a cavity on one side of your mouth and installed a crown on the other. Your company has no dental insurance and you have already reached your paltry $250/year dental reimbursement limit. You decide to put an extra heap of poop in the straw at #2.
- Family Gifts. No one wants to do Christmas this year. “Let’s spend the money we would use for family gifts on ourselves and call it a gift from each other.” You have tried this before and no one ever buys themselves something. Even when you do, it is just not Christmas when there are no presents to open. Then some asshole buys you a gift anyway but you didn’t buy them one because you were following the rules. So then you feel bad. Merry Christmas.
Okay, that is only 6 things to be stressed out this holiday season. I am sure you can add to the list. I will update the post with your ideas. Hit me, Santa baby.