The morning after the end of tax season:
- Sleep ‘til 8:00? check
- Shower? check
- Forego blow drying hair in favor of a Medusa Day? check
- Put on fresh PJ’s and vow to stay in them all day? check
- Turn mattress and ponder whether it might be time for a new one (even though those commercials that claim your mattress doubles in weight due to dust mites and their poo are bullcrap)? check
- While thinking about bedding, fondly recall the story a partner’s wife told at the Tax Season Survivor’s Party last night about knowing he was getting stressed out by tax season when he complained the new sheets were “too loud,” as in they make too much noise when you move.
- Determine Medusa Hair is just too awful so blow dry just the front in compromise? check
- Think about catching up on personal finances in Quicken, responding to Evite invitations, and doing various other “shoulds” but decide they can wait one more day? check
- Email funny picture of other partner to partner’s wife as proof he cannot destroy the evidence just by putting the original hard copy in the shredder? check
Ed Spinardi broke his hand “blocking a charge” but we got tired of hearing him tell the same story every hour to each client he walked down the hall, so we put this on his office door and changed the story daily:
I FELL DOWN PLAYING BASKETBALL BUT THAT STORY IS TOO BORING SO TODAY WE’RE GOING WITH:
I arm-wrested my partner Randie Jones…and lost
I thought I was tougher than I really am
I had a freak photocopier accident
I told my last client how much tax he owed
I asked my last client how old she was
I hit my hand on a rock while bungee jumping
I landed wrong while sky diving
I had an altercation with a surly IRS agent
There were many, many more but these are the highlights.
10. Contemplate which of the awesome leftovers I brought home from DeAngelo’s to have for lunch and decide on the Crab Ravioli with Pink Vodka Sauce because resistance if futile? check
I LOVE the day after tax season ends!